Youth Theatre is excited to work with our friends at @bbbpress, the creators of hits such as NOBLE GNARBLE, WE ARE MONSTERS, and SPACE PIRATES to present the world’s very first virtual children’s musical, THE SHOW MUST GO ONLINE!
THE SHOW MUST GO ONLINE! is a virtual children’s musical that is rehearsed and performed remotely. Each actor will receive a 1-minute monologue or song to rehearse, video record, and upload remotely. When all the videos are played in order, they tell the hilarious story of a group of passionate students desperate to keep their musical alive… online!
AUDITIONS – For ages 8 – 14. This is a cast of 20 young actors. Great parts with lots of singing and acting opportunities.
- Send one 45 seconds to 1-minute song from a Broadway musical and talk about why you wish to be involved. You also welcome to do something silly (tell a joke, do a special skill, whatever shows off who YOU are!)
- Do not submit a video from a previous performance. It should be a performance of you singing from home.
- You can submit your audition through our FLIPGRID.
- Register for our free online classes to get the password.
- OR … upload your video to Youtube as an unlisted video.
- E-mail your audition video to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday, April 11 at 12pm.
We will meet as a cast a couple of times via ZOOM. Independent rehearsals for monologue and song coaching will happen outside of that time. You will be responsible for filming your segment and sending them in for notes and adjustments before we do a “final take”. You’ll need your computer, a good webcam with a microphone, and a pair of headphones.
We will be charging a nominal tuition fee of $25 if you are cast.
The “opening night” of our show will be a Watch Party on YouTube for Youth Theatre families to watch online together! (Time TBA)
ABOUT ‘THE SHOW MUST GO ONLINE’ visit http://www.bbbpress.com/musicals/the-show-must-go-online/
Book by Jessica Penzias
Music by Denver Casado
Lyrics by Dave Hudson and Denver Casado