Full payment by check or credit card is required before the class session begins. We do not prorate classes or camps.
We understand the various reasons why you might need to cancel your registration. Since resources are committed to staffing, show licensing/royalties, and materials well before a program takes place, all tuition deposits and installment payments for all Youth Theatre programs are, generally speaking, non-refundable. We must have this policy in place since it is often difficult for us to re-sell the spot to another student, since parents may think a class is full or a camp is sold out. To avoid disappointment later, please fully review the following policy details:
- Your full payment will be fully refunded when a camp or class is cancelled due to low enrollment.
- All other non-COVID related refunds require a written request and will be subject to a 15% administrative fee plus the cost of any classes that have taken place before the request was submitted.
- Non-COVID related refund requests must be made by emailing the registrar on the following timeline.
- 6-week classes: refund requests must be made prior to the second class.
- There are no refunds or credits for production ensembles or conservatories.
- Summer Camps: refund requests must be made prior to May 1 for a full refund less the 15% processing fee. Requesting a refund by June 1 entitles the purchaser to a 50% refund less the 15% processing fee.
- In the event of non-COVID emergency closures due to weather, power outages, government mandate, and other force majeure events, Youth Theatre will:
- Provide credits for future programming for programs that have not yet begun; refunds will not be provided.
- Do its best to provide alternative programming and make-ups for programs already in process, but cannot guarantee the same experience or number of classes.
- Conclude programming for programs already three-quarters of the way complete.
- We do not offer make-up classes due to a child’s inability to attend.
To cancel your participation in a YOUTH THEATRE program and request your account credit refund, please contact us in writing.
During the school year: If a student signs up for more than one class in a semester we offer the following: 10% off when one student registers for two or more classes. We also have a sibling or family discount of 10% off per additional participant at this time.
There are NO DISCOUNTS for University Employees. Although Youth Theatre is on campus, we are a soft funded program that relies solely on tuition, ticket sales, and outside grants to pay for teacher salaries, rent of the buildings, phone and computer use, building maintenance, and all office and production supplies.
We do maintain and enforce enrollment limits. Limits vary based on the age-range of the students and the type of program. A class can be anywhere from 6 - 18 students. Certain classes have multiple instructors. An example would be having a director, choreographer, musical director, and a teaching assistant or teen aide in the class.
Every year we offer a handful of need-based scholarships as well as a Teen-Aide opportunity for high school students who work to pay off their tuition. Funding for these scholarships is donated by members of the community and the amounts vary every year. If you'd like to apply for Tuition Assistance, please fill out the form on the Tuition Assistance page.